- 1 tsp yeast
- 500 g Allinson’s extra-strong white flour
- 2 tsp white sugar
- 25 g President unsalted butter
- 2 tsp Marvel powdered milk
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 175 g McLelland Seriously Strong cheddar
- 75 g Parmesan
- 0.5 tsp cayenne pepper
- 0.5 tsp black pepper
- 0.25 tsp Holland & Barrett vitamin C powder
- 350 ml water
Put ingredients in a breadmaker (Panasonic SD253) and set it going (bake large white loaf, light crust).
- This is an incredible loaf of bread, and the result of prolonged experimentation by the author to make “absolutely the cheesiest bread I could work out how to make while still getting a loaf rather than a housebrick”. Eat it, enjoy it, and be awed.
- Original recipe calls for 1/3 tsp cayenne pepper but I didn’t have anything the right size, and am quite happy with 1/2.